DreamCatcher Hotels, headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, is a national hotel brand and development company with over 2,000 hotel rooms developed or currently in development. Founded by industry veteran Greg Hnedak, FAIA, DreamCatcher offers a bold new approach to hotel development with a unique process for developing high-quality hotels featuring four-diamond guestrooms at a lower cost for the owner.
DreamCatcher Hotels is seeking an experienced Vice President, Development and Cost Forecasting to join our fast-paced, high performing team.
Upon joining DreamCatcher hotels, the candidate will work alongside the internal team to guide and manage clients’ expectations and aid them in selecting appropriate architects and consultants. The candidate will also be responsible for identifying additional staffing needs, selecting on-site representation and managing hotel development by monitoring budget, timeline and DreamCatcher design standards throughout all phases of design and construction.
The candidate should have at least 10 years of experience with developing hotels and casino hotels, with preference given to those possessing tribal casino hotel experience. The candidate will work closely on hotel development projects with high-profile clients located throughout the country, with site visits and additional periodic travel required.
- Participate in setting and managing all construction budgets and timelines.
- Interface with architects and engineers to ensure all plans are following established directives and each project design is complete prior to commencing development and construction.
- Participate in ensuring that all design, purchasing, specification and installation are bound contractually to their respective scopes.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentation meetings as required.
- Provide leadership to our team of Project managers handling projects across the country.
- Manage and improve the cost control process to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- Thorough knowledge of Hotel cost estimating and experience cost control systems.
- Recent experience estimating all types of hospitality and convention projects.
- 10 years minimum experience.
- A degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with hotel development on a broad range of project sizes, from 150 key to 500+ key.
Key Skills and Behaviors Needed
- Ability to manage high-quality relationships with current and prospective clients, partners, lenders, vendors, and consultants.
- Capable and willing to think and act strategically.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Must be a multitasker with a high capacity for collaboration and oversight of numerous projects in a fast paced environment.
- Negotiation skills within the construction industry.
- Ability to manage a budget to avoid cost overruns.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction.
- A passion to challenge industry norms in order to create a better mouse trap!
DreamCatcher Hotels offers a dynamic workplace where everyone has an opportunity to make an impact and contribute to the company’s growth and success. A very competitive compensation package is offered commensurate to experience. Bonus Plan based on contributions to the company’s overall growth and success. Our health insurance is one of the best in the industry.
Interested candidates should email a CV/Resume and cover letter to Charles Vance, RedRover Sales & Marketing Strategy at email@example.com.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable