Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join the team located at our Waxahachie office. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented professionals that want to excel with us.
- Resolve general accounting questions/issues, work with Accounting Manager and Accounting staff to implement process improvements and new reporting requirements
- Prepare month end general ledger reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and analyze variances
- Prepare month end accruals for cost not posted in current accounting period
- Complete a variety of journal entries and other responsible accounting functions requiring double entry bookkeeping
- Requires communication on a daily basis with internal and external customers through phone and written mediums
- Prepare necessary reports for regular company management meetings, other departments in the company, and outside entities
- Participate in the verification process of data integrity at accounting system enhancements, upgrades or changes
- Other projects as assigned when necessary
- 2 – 5 years’ of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Experience in the construction or manufacturing industry is preferred, but not required
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) experience required
- Detail oriented problem solver, quick learner, and independent worker
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work with all levels within the company
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Willing to work overtime as needed
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Contact Number: 214-492-5337
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable