Sr. HCSS HEAVY BID ESTIMATOR
Gas Pipeline and Facility
The Gas Pipeline and Facility Estimator will provide accurate cost estimates for gas related projects in a detail format that will encompass at a minimum cost breakdown, schedule, assumption/exceptions. The work scope typically includes customer support, field related work efforts, field support, permit support, constructability review, planning, schedule, estimating, working with Cordoba PM/PE. The majority of the projects will be related to Gas transmission/distribution pipeline and meter/regulator/pls station in addition to supporting and focusing on safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of Cordoba, client, engineers and designers to support with the estimates related to pipeline, compressor, facilities.
- Coordinate with the project team related to estimating and field related support.
- Prepares proposals related to construction estimates and total installed cost estimate, baseline, etc.
- Reviews specifications and drawings, exhibits for cost estimate, develop detail takeoff of drawings
- Provide bottom up (crew & activity-level) estimates with a good understanding of production rates and key quantities
- Understand and forecasting scope of work activities, schedules, task, cost control measures
- Provide cost task related to overhead, escalation, contingency, labor, equipment, material, and profit, team makeup, different type of construction activities/job cost.
- Developing and providing project stage cost estimate, variables, lesson learn on project life cycle during construction activities.
- Coordinate and Manage meetings with clients, subcontractors, vendors and governing agencies.
- Report progress in achieving the required work scope to the client on a regular basis. Track and report schedule and budget status.
- Construction technical and excellent communication skills to present to the clients
- Willing to travel to multiple Cordoba or Client Offices
- Cost estimates will range from $1M to $100M
- Construction Management or technical field related cost estimating
- A minimum of 8-40 years of experience in estimating pipeline and facilities
- Cost estimating software (Heavybid, Excel) or similar platforms.
- Industry knowledge related to Gas pipeline, Gas facilities
- Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, analytical and human relations skills required.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently required. Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Proficiency utilizing knowledge and skills with MS Office Suite (including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PPT, MS-Project, MS-Outlook) and computer applications is mandatory for this position.
- Ability to pass a pre-authorized physical including a drug-screening and background check is required.
Cordoba Corporation is a nationally recognized civil engineering, construction management, program management, and planning firm. We specialize in education and facilities, transportation, and water and energy. In collaboration with our clients, Cordoba has facilitated the development of several complex and highly visible infrastructure projects throughout California.
Our efforts have resulted in national recognition from Engineering News-Record as a “top 100 construction management firm” and a “top 50 program management firm”. We are proud to share that ENR has also recently recognized Cordoba in 2018 as a “top 100 design firm” in California.
Cordoba’s business model has been commended for its efficiency, encouraging work dynamic, and its multifaceted approach toward projects. Many of our professionals have received praise in the media as leaders in their field of expertise.
We have established a statewide presence throughout California. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we also have offices located in San Francisco, Sacramento, San Ramon, Chatsworth, Santa Ana, and San Diego.
Cordoba Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Cordoba Corporation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you need special assistance or accommodation, please contact Cordoba Corporation’s HR Department at: (213)895-0224.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable