Plote Construction, Inc is actively searching for a Shop Parts Manager to join our team!
This position is responsible for the maintenance and management of company equipment including supervising the activities of all employees engaged in repairing and maintaining equipment to ensure company assets are preserved and work schedules are met.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise and participate in the equipment evaluation and planning process to determine buy and sell needs that is in alignment with upcoming workload and desired utilization rates.
- Responsible for coordinating purchasing and selling new and used equipment as directed by the Senior Equipment Manager. Provide budget recommendations for fleet operations.
- Maintain facilities, warranties, licenses and registrations for all vehicles. Supports field projects by identifying all sources of equipment maintenance, fueling, repair and parts.
- Implement and utilize appropriate controls, systems and administration procedures for your division of responsibility. Manages the inbound and outbound equipment inspection process.
- Implements, utilizes a preventative maintenance program for the entire fleet of vehicles and heavy construction equipment.
- Responsible for reporting condition of the equipment to Equipment Superintendent.
- Ensure reliable and safe equipment is available to meet operational requirements.
- Reviews time and motion records of the fleet to determine downtime for maintenance and repairs of vehicles.
- Ensures the maintenance shop is properly maintained, functional and clean.
- Investigates complaints received on vehicle and equipment condition and failure.
- *Working knowledge of HCSS Equipment 360 Preferred.*
- 4 years of basic mechanical skills with basic hand tools.
- 2-5 years of Fleet management experience.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Work well under pressure and strict deadline, with constant re-prioritization of duties.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable