Plote Construction, Inc is searching for a Shop Clerk to join our team!
The Shop Clerk position assists our Shop Parts Manager in providing administrative support to help the shop run efficiently with attention to cost and inventory. The Shop Clerk is also responsible for tracking equipment and expenditures of the shop staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting and assisting our shop manager in the day to day activities of our maintenance facility.
- Attention to safety, leading customer relations, employee development, staffing, policy implementation / enforcement, and cost control.
- Conscience of profit and loss responsibility for the facility, quality control, maintenance process development and conformance, and all administrative functions.
- This position will be responsible for all vendors and suppliers following the direction of the shop manager.
- Oversight of all processes ensuring conformance to federal, state, and local regulations, and conformance with company and customer policies.
- Developing and maintaining performance metrics records.
- Must demonstrate good judgment at all times when making decisions affecting the company’s business.
- Ensure reliable and safe equipment is available to meet operational requirements.
- Ensures the maintenance shop is properly maintained, functional and clean.
- Supports the Equipment Superintendent with analysis of fleet operations reports. Including analyzing data, identifying trends and outliers, and correcting mistakes where appropriate.
- Resolves data errors and escalates others errors to management for comparison against identified critical objectives and standards.
- May assist with the parts organization and inventory.
- *Working knowledge of HCSS Equipment 360 Preferred*
- Possess a minimum of four years’ experience in maintenance management, with experience in supervision, planning / scheduling, and estimating preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and working with documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Work well under pressure and strict deadline, with constant re-prioritization of duties.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable