Senior Estimator – Structures
# of Openings:
Job Title: Structures Estimator (Highways)
Reports to: VP Estimating
The Structures Estimator works with preconstruction/business development staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. The Structures Estimator is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of estimates for jobs to be bid. The Structures Estimator has extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles. The Structures Estimator has the capabilities of organizing and supervising a team of Estimators and Engineers.
• Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
• Review accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
• Determine labor and equipment costs.
• Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
• Understand project logistics and project schedule.
• Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
• Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
• Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
• Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, Engineers and JV Partners.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture
• A minimum of 8 years of experience as an Estimator
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior level estimating role
• A minimum of 12 years of construction experience
• Private and public works sector experience required
• Familiarity of all aspects of horizontal and infrastructure projects
• Recent experience with a large civil/highway contractor
• Strong experience with Bridge estimating required
• Recent experience with JV bid settings is a plus.
• Advanced computer skills with estimating software (such as HCSS Heavybid)
• Advanced computers skills with MS Office, Primavera P6
• Knowledge AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a plus
• Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
• Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
• Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands
• Effective presentation skills.
• Excellent written an oral communicator.
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Contact Number: 212-779-0900 x111
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: $170,000-$190,000