ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze drawings and plan specifications.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Develop detailed, accurate and well-organized proposals to meet timelines and deadlines.
- Assist with providing clear, detailed quantity take-offs including all aspects of earthwork, grading, drainage, underground utilities, concrete and asphalt paving.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
- Generate subcontracts, purchase orders, and follow-up; schedule subs and deliveries.
- Prepare construction schedules, RFI’s, traffic control plans, submittals and pay estimates.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years project estimating experience in civil construction or closely related field.
- Strong knowledge of residential development, state/federal highway (DOT) and municipal water/sewer.
- Strong knowledge working with HCSS (Heavy Bid/Heavy Job) software a must.
- Experience with CAD and ability to understand/interpret site plans.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively with key project management staff.
- Strong personal character and integrity, with a heart for teamwork and excellence.
- Must be a self-starter, multi-tasker, and possess a solid work ethic.
- Formal education in construction management or related certification preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with variable working hours.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with management, office personnel and field staff.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $100K – $130K (based on experience).
- Relocation assistance provided.
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits.
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable