Position Purpose: The Senior Estimator will take an active role in identifying Vollers best opportunities and work collaboratively with Chief Estimator and other Senior Estimators regarding the estimating schedule and best use of the estimating personnel.
- Improving financial win-rate from 7% to 15% or better annually
- Backlog stabilized at $50m or better monthly
- Quality of estimates measured by markup of at least 15%
- Collect and analyze data that impacts cost of labor, materials/ supplies, equipment, etc. in order to maximize quality and accuracy of bid in a timely manner.
- Review and compile “take-off” quantities, existing cost history, calculations to ensure accuracy.
- Participate in estimate and bid reviews with Chief Estimator and Management. Analyze competition and communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
- Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate. Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid. Analyze and communicate bidding risks, strategies and present estimate/bid to Chief Estimator for review to ensure accuracy and completeness. Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job.
- The Senior Estimators will coordinate and finalize the projects to bid on the schedule.
- Senior Estimators to input timeframe for the projects to bid, estimated value and the personnel required to complete the respective Bid.
- Manage and monitor the progress of multiple bids utilizing multiple estimators. The goal is to ensure that all bids are completed 24 hours prior to the due date to allow proper time for collaborative team review.
- Prepare conceptual estimates as well as estimates from partially designed documents unsupervised.
- Communicate effectively with clients and Vollers team during the bidding stages, post bid stages and final negotiations to put Vollers in the best position to procure the project.
- Attend client meetings as necessary for pre-bid and post-bid scope analysis.
- Meet short deadlines with both Vollers’ and the client’s needs in mind.
- Solicit, analyze and review subcontractor and vendor’s price quotes for conformity to the Bid Documents.
- Share information about reliable sub-contractor and suppliers with purchasing and operations team members.
- Take an active role in improving the estimating processes and procedures.
- Ability to perform in a collaborative, team based management structure.
- Positively mentor and develop the Estimating staff.
- Maintain current and develop new client relationships.
- Review contracts for conformity to the bid documents.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of heavy / civil / site work estimating experience, with heavy highway and civil projects from $500k to $30 million with preferably at least 5 years field experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Highly proficient in the use of Heavy Bid estimating software including the finalization of a project to become a Job and ability to train others in the use of Heavy Bid.
- Ability to analyze Agtek Earthwork data.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team, and effectively communicate in a client-facing role. Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Ability to adhere to policies, guidelines and rules set forth; promotes the Vollers safety policy.
Contact Number: 908-725-1026
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable