This position exists within OBCI to coordinate sales opportunities, select, pursue and win the best projects in accordance with annual goals, and ensure the estimating team prepares accurate take-offs and cost estimates for labor, equipment, materials, and subcontractors. The Senior Estimator will work closely with the Division Manager in bid strategies and make assignments to estimators accordingly. In addition, this role must be able to analyze drawings, design specifications, review subcontractor/vendor quotes and other documentation to prepare labor, costs and material estimates as part of a proposal to our potential customers.
Skills / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or 10+ years related experience
- Must be able to teach, coach and train new estimators
- Must have the ability to develop, train and enforce standard operating procedures
- Must have effective communication skills and be able to provide constructive feedback to subordinates and management when needed
- Exceptional skills in various bidding / project take off software programs and Microsoft Office products.
- Team oriented with the ability to communicate with team members and management
- Must be able to work in high pressure situations facing strict deadlines
- Detail and accuracy oriented
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable