Hanford Applied Restoration & Conservation (HARC) is a licensed general engineering and landscape contractor located in Sonoma, CA. For the past 30 years, HARC has become a leader in wetland mitigation and restoration, stream construction, revegetation, and erosion control.
Hanford ARC takes pride in our workforce, many who have been with us for over 15 years. To be a successful member of our team you must practice safe standards, have practical know-how, and a strong can-do attitude.
We are currently looking for a Senior Estimator to join our team. This position will be responsible for preparing complete, accurate estimates for all contract types.
- Handling assigned projects from initial solicitation through handoff to project team.
- Ability to look beyond the information that has been given, take initiative to gather additional information and work to provide a complete cost evaluation.
- Ability to make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating all scopes of work.
- Ability to understand heavy equipment utilization and how to obtain detailed production rates based on anticipated crews.
- Manage time appropriately to coordinate quantity take-offs and solicitations for materials, subcontractors, and professional services
- Understand public works bid packages regarding prevailing wages, minority participation, and final proposal details.
- Ensure that all components of an estimate are included in the estimate and that there is an ample trail of documented cost evidence.
- Ability to prepare conceptual cost estimates and studies from schematic or feasibility-level documentation.
- Must be able to collaborate with project team members for estimate reviews, risk analysis, staffing needs and project requirements.
- Responsible for other reasonable activities not named which is required by management/leadership.
- Thorough understanding of standard estimating process.
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- 5+ years of experience as a professional construction estimator preferably within our core markets.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications with emphasis on grading plans.
- Creative and innovative approaches to solve solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Proficiency with computer skills in Microsoft Office suite, estimating database software (Heavy Bid or similar), take-off software (on-screen take-off, planswift, etc.), general knowledge of MS operating systems, and sufficient typing speed (45+ WPM).
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- College degree is a plus but not required (engineering, construction management, business)
Hanford ARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact Number: 707.996.6633
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable