Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic transportation infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong, heavy civil construction project management skills to use while building roads and bridges? Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking a Senior Design Build Project Manager / Director for projects in Texas. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
Our ideal candidate will have established relations and contacts with TXDot and the Regional Mobility Authorities (RMA) or will be strong enough to build these relations.
This position will:
- Require advanced skills for business development, estimating, and request for proposal response.
- Requires maintaining a strong working relationship with engineers, inspectors, developers, vendors, and subcontractors, so outstanding customer service skills are essential.
- Requires competency in discerning owner contracts, partner and subcontractor / consultant agreements, developing innovative alternate technical concepts, and risk management.
This position will manage the pursuit, preconstruction, and construction efforts for Design Build projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Business Development during project pursuit and will transition into a direct management role once the project is awarded
- Planning and scheduling the resources required to complete projects safely, ahead of schedule and below the estimated cost
- Understand and interpret contract terms on design build contracts including contracts that require capital or comprehensive maintenance
- Assume overall responsibility for startup activities on the project; work with the Construction Manager on matters such as site security, temporary power, utility connections, placement of office trailers, locations for stored materials, etc.
- Maintain profit/loss accountability for individual projects to include job cost controls and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs
- Assist in establishing and maintaining job cost reporting in accordance with company policy. Approve the conversion of bid documents to the various cost elements in the Job Cost Statement; prepare monthly Job Status Reports for review by management. Investigate and attempt to remedy cost variances that are not within established norms. Review Labor Cost Reports with the superintendent at regular intervals and ensure that field supervisors are kept up-to-date on the unit costs for their work and how it compares with the bid estimate.
- Finalize and approve projected project cost at completion estimates
- Together with the Construction Manager and Construction Quality Manager, ensure that uniformly high standards of quality are established and maintained throughout the project
- Manage the development and implementation of project-specific quality control procedures
- Lead the project team to achieve the company objectives for safety performance. Instill a culture of a safe work environment throughout the project.
- Ensure all company policy, OSHA and contractual requirements are met
- Manage all environmental obligations required by the contract and regulatory agencies and make immediate corrective actions to deficiencies issued by the environmental compliance manager
- Work with Design Manager during the pursuit phase to develop Alternative Technical Concepts to include within the proposal
- Together with the project team, ensure compliance with all federal, state and municipal laws, ordinances and building codes related to construction. Included are company policies and procedures dealing with employment, compensation, health, safety, labor/management relations, etc. Take corrective action as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Administrative competency in managing Design Build contracts
- Ability to administrate the unique requirements of joint venture agreements; including cash flow, operating procedures, staff integration, team leadership and present financial performance to the management team
- Additional duties as assigned
Role will initially be based in Irving, Texas during the pursuit stage. However once the project begins, the position will based at the project location.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- 15+ years of experience in the construction industry with a minimum of five (5) years in a similar position
- Preference is registered professional engineer, but not required.
- Business acumen developed through supplemental education and/or experience.
- Resume must include experience on projects at or above $300M.
- Resume must include experience as Project Manager on a minimum of two Design Build projects, one of which over $300M.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Contact Number: 214-492-5337
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable