Tutor Perini Corporation is in search of an aggressive organized Senior Concrete Structures Estimator for all types of concrete cast-in place and precast structures for Heavy Civil work.
Construction Estimator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must read, analyze, interpret and obtain a thorough understanding of contract proposals, drawings and specifications.
- Proficient in analyzing cast-in-place concrete structures including box girder bridges supported on temporary falsework as part of major public works projects and privately funded projects.
- Ability to self-perform and/or direct others in quantity take-off for unit price and lump sum project bidding schedules. Ability to summarize reports in Excel format.
- Ability to analyze various scopes of work and produce comprehensive unit price estimates by creating production crews and including specific equipment and materials in a project cost software program.
- Ability to possess good communication skills to effectively solicit and work with individual project owner’s representatives, material suppliers and subcontractors in pre-bid estimate preparations and post-bid negotiations.
- Effectively work within a cohesive Heavy/Civil estimating staff to facilitate comprehensive cost proposals and conclude efforts during joint venture team reviews on major projects when applicable.
Construction Estimator Requirements:
- Previous working experience as construction estimator for (2) years.
- Hands on experience with complex data research activities.
- In-depth knowledge of post tensioned box girder bridges, precast and steel girder bridges, concrete box culverts, cut-and-cover concrete transit system structures and stations, concrete retaining walls, and misc., reinforced formed concrete structures in conjunction with major highways, railways, airports, dams, tunnels, waste water plants, water treatment plants, large transit stations and facilities, power plants and site developments.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods.
- Good understanding of HCSS HeavyBid.
- Good understanding of Excel
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- BA in engineering, construction management or similar relevant field (or related experience).
We offer a full benefits package including health insurance, paid holidays and vacations, 401k retirement plan with match, monthly auto allowance, discretionary incentive program, attractive relocation package and temporary housing. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screening process and post offer. Tutor Perini Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable