Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building water/wastewater infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong, heavy civil water/wastewater estimating skills to use pricing and bidding water infrastructure projects?
Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking a Senior Civil Construction Estimator for water projects in Texas. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
This position will manage and lead estimating efforts toward building backlog in support of company organizational goals on water/wastewater infrastructure projects. This position requires maintaining strong working relationships with owners, engineers, vendors, and subcontractors, so outstanding customer service skills are essential.
- Research and present bid opportunities for consideration
- Schedule and manage resources required for estimating and bidding process
- Manage and lead estimating effort
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Review and analyze project plans and specifications
- Perform quantity take-off and prepare cost estimates
- Solicit subcontractor and supplier quotes to assure sufficient coverage of all scopes on bid day
- Obtain and review quotations from business partners to confirm best price work scope coverage
- Determination and enforcement of proper buyout procedures
- Determine procedures for estimate preparation, bid review, and bidding process
- Assist in schedule preparation and analysis
- Ethics and integrity in accordance with Austin core values and company policy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Construction experience of 8+ years and 5+ years of estimating experience working on water/wastewater projects from $10M – $100M
Construction Management or similar degree program is a plus, but not required
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, BlueBeam and HeavyBid by HCSS (a plus, but not required)
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Contact Number: 214-492-5337
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable