Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic transportation infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong safety skills to use?
Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking a Safety Manager for a projects in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented professionals that want to excel with us.
The Safety Manager will oversee the management of the site safety program on multiple sites and educate and train all Austin Bridge & Road personnel in federal, state and local laws and Austin’s safety, health and environmental policies.
Functional Areas of Responsibilities
- Accident prevention management
- Safety training and performance auditing
- Safety reporting
- Facilitate site safety inspection and corrects any deficiencies, trains new employees in Austin and OSHA safety policies and assists in setting up and maintaining the SWPPP for the job
- Regular daily travel to projects in the Irving area to inspect and provide guidance in hazard mitigation
- Partner with project supervision and owner representatives to promote a positive safety culture
- Provide mandatory Austin Safety training to Austin personnel (Safety Management, OSHA 10-hour, OSHA Refresher, Competent Person Training, etc.)
- Interact with project managers and superintendents to help identify possible hazards. Assist in the administration of the safety and DBO2 programs for the jobsite and illustrates the changes in regulation and procedures
- May accompany an OSHA or Division of Workers Comp (DWC) safety representative during a jobsite inspection
- Attend seminars, lectures and training classes to maintain all applicable certifications in safety-related subjects. Consult technical references such as OSHA Standards, EPA or ANSI at frequent intervals to ensure that answers to safety problems are correct
- Assist Safety Director in conduction of seminars, project interviews, committee meetings, project start-up meetings, accident investigations and audits
- Maintain and report all relevant statistic, including incident rates, lost time rates and DART rates
- Additional duties as assigned
- At least 5+ years’ of experience solely dedicated to construction safety
- CHST or CHSO certification
- Experience on large civil projects
- Must be bilingual in Spanish
- Be proficient with MS Office Applications
- HCSS safety software experience a plus
- Have excellent oral and written communication with team members and stakeholders
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No Agency Inquiries Please.
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Contact Number: 214-492-5337
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable