SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Four year occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combinations of training and related experience. Position requires a minimum of 5 years construction and/or industrial safety experience. Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local, and company policies and regulations. Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures essential. Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
Plan, implement and supervise project safety, accident and fire protection programs in compliance with corporate safety program standards and federal, state and local regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and working closely with field supervisory personnel to enforce company safety policies.
- Assist corporate program by developing employee and field safety orientation training programs, implementing and monitoring compliance.
- Conduct work area site inspections, air sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations.
- Monitoring of fit testing, lead testing, and drug screen compliance.
- Point of contact for reporting, investigating and any follow-up for all items related to safety.
- Issue confined area entry and “hot work” permits as required.
- Review and maintain documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required.
- Accompany all safety, health and insurance inspectors on walk through tours. Coordinate/assist in preparing written appeals for safety violation citations.
- Work with management on analyzing all quotes and costs of lines of insurance.
- Additional assignments per President’s direction.
Stark Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable