Highway Materials, Inc., Construction Division, is a Heavy/Highway Construction company located in southeastern Pennsylvania with corporate headquarters in Flourtown, Pennsylvania.
The company has grown to be recognized as a leader in key sectors of the Public and Private construction markets, including Site, Utility and General Construction projects. As a result of this experience we have collected unique skills, which enable us to better support our diverse clientele. Serving both the private and public sectors.
Currently we are recruiting for the position of Construction Superintendent for projects in South Eastern Pennsylvania / Montgomery, Bucks, Lancaster, York, Delaware, Lehigh Counties.
This position is responsible for all field operations including: safety, quality, productivity, planning and scheduling, management, and execution strategy.
Minimum Requirements / Essential Functions
- Seven or more years of relevant construction industry experience with progressively greater responsibility
- Able to direct crews in an efficient and productive manner
- Able to plan, execute and lead Foreman in multiple operations
- Experience in transportation construction operations for Roadway, Utility , and Green infrastructure work
- Able to read, interpret and understand construction drawings, standards and specifications
- Leads and enforces the safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors
- Prevents rework, recognizes any potential patterns of rework, and develops solutions to eliminate it
- Sets, communicates, and enforces production goals and schedules with the Foreman and crews
- Accurately develops the weekly look-ahead schedule
- Implements effective cost controls over labor, material, equipment, and other related expenditures
- Participates in bi-monthly project cost meeting
- Reviews all foreman and subcontractor daily reports for accurate hours, time coding, production quantities, and activity summaries
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment
Highway Materials, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F/D/V.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable