We are Drybar, a blow dry bar, and we set out to shake up the beauty industry with our specialty approach. We believe in doing one thing and being the best at it. For us, that’s blowouts. In fact, our tagline says it best: No cuts. No color. Just blowouts. What started with one shop in Brentwood, CA has grown to over 100 locations across 25 markets, with more to come. We are seeking a fearless Retail Construction Project Manager who is over-the-moon-excited to help a growing brand expand its reach.
Drybar’s Retail Construction Project Manager is responsible for contributing to the achievement of the company’s new shop opening plan and franchises. This position manages the construction of new shops in all phases of project development, including construction, architecture, and engineering coordination required for the complete development of assigned locations. The Project Manager has the responsibility to complete all construction projects within the required turnover date, adherence to design and budget requirements and ensuring quality workmanship that positively represents the brand.
- Serves as project manager for new store construction covering all phases of project development. Manages the construction of new shops to ensure construction is completed and meets the company’s high quality standards on a timely and cost effective basis. Oversees the work of selected general contractors and sub-contractors.
- Schedule projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for construction, architecture, and engineering coordination required for development of new shops that meet Drybar standards. Works with other functions within the Support Center as well as Operations to ensure smooth shop turnovers.
- Ensures completion of required approval processes, including government agencies, developers, and landlords. Oversees the construction bidding and contracting process for assigned shops. Helps develop a pool of qualified contractors for the assigned area.
- Supervises construction activities at the job sites; maintains project schedule, tracks regulatory approval processes, and oversees project costs. Ensures compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, and codes. Creates a strong safety focus in the design of the facility and the execution of the field construction.
- Works with Operations to ensure new stores are successfully turned over to Operations as scheduled. Keeps Operations updated of any schedule changes.
- Report all project updates/assignments to the Vice President of Retail Development
- Review plans and qualify General Contractor bids; prepare bid review packages for the management team
- Update project reports daily and project photos on a weekly basis
- Prepare weekly status reports for the Director of Retail Development for assigned projects
- Perform site visits to troubleshoot site conditions and design issues of Drybar’s ongoing construction projects as assigned
- Supervise new shop set up and create a punch list for outstanding construction issues
- Negotiate change orders with general contractors during and after job completion
- Address any outstanding construction issues to collect Tenant Allowance from the landlord; resolve warranty issues
- Supports the real estate selection/acquisition process including performing site evaluations/reports, reviewing LL work letters, providing general budget guidance and feasibility evaluation
- Complete site analysis and manage site survey process.
- Coordinate set up of all necessary licenses (business, health, occupancy, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent experience required
- Minimum five years of construction project management or direct construction experience, preferably in the retail/hospitality environment
- Must be able to read construction plans and have well-rounded knowledge of the construction process
- Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel requirement: 50% or more
- Must be local to Irvine, CA
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable