Leon E. Wintermyer, Inc. (LEW), a leader in providing site preparation services for 40+ years is seeking a motivated professional with experience in the construction industry who will provide leadership on commercial, industrial, residential community projects ($2MM to $10MM).
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the contract documents.
- Manages turnover/pre-construction meeting: Meets with the Estimator and Superintendent to review the estimate, project documents, contract documents, and bid file to communicate critical information from the Estimator to the Superintendent.
- Develops a critical path schedule.
- Manages cost, schedule, and quality control.
- Maintains positive client relations: Through thoughtful exchanges with the customer on satisfying the schedule, cost, and quality issues inherent in every project.
- Functions as the communication hub: Disperses information to field, suppliers, clients, subcontractors, governmental authorities, and stakeholders.
- Monitor/controls construction through administrative direction of an on-site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Troubleshooting: Understands the impact of any changes to the project and foresees what effect is has on objectives down the road. Understands the interdependency of the chain of events in the construction process and can foresee what impact changes have on the three major areas: 1. Cost 2. Schedule 3. Quality. Effectively identifies problems and produces several alternatives or scenarios and works with project partners to forge a solution all can live by.
- Manages change order management: Responsibilities include identifying, documenting, communicating, submitting, and collecting change orders.
- Manages project financial performance: Clearly understands where the project is in terms of costs versus physical progress (schedule).
- Manages the job-cost summary reports
- Manages “Job Cost with cost-to-complete calculations”: Job reporting that ties physical completion percentages to financial results
- Manages project billing and accounts payable.
- Manages the closeout process of the project.
Education & Experience:
- Four-year degree in engineering or construction management preferred
- Extensive construction management experience in site development construction: E&S controls, storm water management systems, excavation, utility construction, and curbing & paving.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, management and organizational skills. Has the ability to communicate, plan and think like business people, simultaneously, through: communications, planning, and business acumen. Thorough knowledge and understanding of corporate and industry
practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities. Knowledge of construction methods of cost control. Knowledge of OSHA regulations. Ability to obtain an intermediate to advanced skill level for MS Project, HCSS Heavy Job and Vista (Viewpoint) within (1) month of employment.
Contact Number: 7179381468
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable