We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager reports directly to the Vice-President and their primary role is to manage the contract administration duties of the projects for which he/she is responsible. The Project Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Review bids for contract compliance, final cost adjustments, strategy and pricing.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all contract documents as they relate to the estimating and construction of all PSCC projects. Execute and manage all documents for compliance.
- Provide detailed project information to superintendent for each project. Conduct thorough Job Planning meetings to communicate all details of the project to field managers.
- After project buy-out, produce and monitor project budgets with accounting software (Spectrum). Input quantities to produce weekly job cost reports. Analyze job cost reports. Seek to improve against the budget if possible and remedy cost overruns. Maximize profits.
- Issue subcontracts and purchase orders. Approve partial and final payments to vendors and subcontractors. Process subcontractor and vendor payments and change orders.
- Maintain payment schedules to subcontractors and vendors according to PSCC policy. (Payment terms, insurance certificates, Notice to owner and partial/final lien releases, etc)
- Generate and submit timely monthly pay requests, including change orders to owner.
- Complete detailed monthly budget reports including billing report, cost-to-complete, work-in-progress reports and job cost reports each month for every project.
- Develop schedules for all projects. Update regularly and communicate to all stakeholders. Hold superintendents accountable for short term schedules that achieve the goals of the project schedules. Analyze and adjust equipment, manpower or subcontractors as needed.
- Create, track, negotiate and process change order requests with owners.
- Create and track RFIs, submittals, permits, logs, reports and all other correspondence.
- Review and approve time sheets. Ensure all required paperwork is coming from the field.
- Serve as the PSCC representative on all project related communication and decision making when working with owners, engineers or other interested parties.
- Manage superintendents for compliance with contract, budgets, schedule and PSCC policy.
- Know the Petticoat-Schmitt safety rules and all O.S.H.A. rules. Reinforce to PSCC field managers that safety is the first priority and must be maintained at all times.
- Work with the President on strategic planning and developing goals and action plans.
- Provide leadership while implementing the company mission, vision and code of conduct. Lead the organization to the achievement of short term and long term goals.
- Review monthly financials and Key Performance Indicators to ensure that the company is operating according to budget and is on track to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
- Maintain current training in all applicable industry education. (
- Provide positive client relations as well as upholding the company and industry image.
- Maintain the Petticoat-Schmitt Code of Conduct.
- Participate in a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education each calendar year.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, competitive salaries, and benefits. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, accident, 401(k) with 100% match on the first 4%, holidays, and PTO. We offer a team environment that encourages personal and professional growth and we have opportunities for development and advancement.
Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable