The Project Executive must be able to lead, manage and coordinate all phases of multiple projects and/or assigned sectors from beginning to end including but not limited to: preconstruction, budget, costs, schedule, risk management, insurance, general work performance and quality, closeout and leading and developing a team who have the skills to execute on their defined roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build diverse, high performing teams through coaching, training and development opportunities.
- Support business development activities by maintaining long-lasting relationships with clients, the design community, engineers and other organizations which enhance future business development opportunities.
- Ensure the project teams execute the work safely and profitably.
- Participate extensively in helping to acquire and define projects and develop budgets that will achieve profitability objectives considering project-specific challenges.
- Set appropriate milestones and assign staff qualified to handle the scope and complexity of the project.
- Provide oversight in managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project from start-up through closeout and ensure that the Owner’s expectations and AMEC’s budgetary and profitability objectives are exceeded.
- Work with Estimating and Business Development to secure work.
- Support the Business Development team by participating or taking a leadership role in the interview stage of securing work.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations of projects are transitioned effectively to Project Managers and Superintendents from Preconstruction when work commences in the field.
- Assign appropriate Project Management Staff.
- Review and approve the pre-mobilization activities.
- Ensure Turnover meeting occurs between Preconstruction, Operations and Project Management Teams. Monitor and evaluate Project Manager and staff assignments.
- Accurately forecast project performance.
- Visit sites regularly to monitor project performance, schedule, and expenditures with project staff, highlight potential challenges and provide leadership in responding creatively to bring projects in on schedule and under budget, where feasible.
- Ensure that the Project Team produce thorough cost to complete forecasts and that they are submitted on time.
- Ensure that the Project Team track costs of field directives and back charges for forecasting purposes.
- Create a detailed analysis of potential exposures, and account for them in the contingency forecast.
- Require the Project Team to have the completed pay requisitions approved by the Owner on a timely basis.
- Enforce the process for the collection of payments no later than 30 days and subsequent efficient system for the payment to Subcontractors.
- Consistently manage the cash flow of the projects to maintain a fiscally responsible position for the Company.
- Establish an effective Closeout Plan early in the project, including the early collection, review, and packaging of Contract closeout documents.
- Ensure that AMEC Project Team members comply with closeout requirement on a timely basis.
- Establish a meeting regimen for the Project Team which provides for effective communication and problem-solving.
- Follow the AMEC Way for focused meetings such as PM/PE, OAC’s, subcontractor meetings, coordination meetings, preconstruction sessions, etc.
- Effectively manage all meetings by providing agendas and sticking to scheduled time limits.
- Take immediate action when a non-performing Subcontractor is likely to cause a negative impact on the Project.
- Develop strategies to monitor risk management and protect company assets.
- Ensure the safe execution of the jobs to achieve zero accidents.
- Develop a risk management regimen and train Project Team members on minimizing risks.
- Work to establish a trusting and professional relationship with the Owner.
- Focus on keeping the Owner well informed of important matters to prevent surprises.
- Work to secure a strong letter of recommendation from the Owner for AMEC.
- Recruit qualified talent; mentor, coach and train them to perform and ensure effective matching of talent to project scope.
- Strive to create synergy and a teamwork atmosphere on the project.
- Build diverse, high performing teams through coaching, training, and development.
- Lead by example by establishing the work ethic guidelines for the entire team and therefore establishes the boundaries and expectations.
- Organize periodic team events and training sessions to advance the AMEC Project Management Team.
- Take action immediately when personnel conflicts emerge among the team.
- Create positive development opportunities, mentoring staff and assisting direct reports in the advancement of their careers.
- Promote career and educational development of team personnel.
- Require the adherence to standard operating procedures and actively teach each process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering or applicable discipline plus a minimum of 10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education training and/or experience.
- Onsite project management experience.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience in a job cost environment.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including scheduling and construction software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
Contact Number: (203) 642-3530
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable