Operations Manager-Traffic Control
Altus Traffic provides traffic control safety to our clients, teammates, and the public. We are the people on construction projects, streets, and highways that keep you and your family safe. We work alongside Utilities, Infrastructure, Road Maintenance, Government, Special Events, Environmental, Rail, and Equipment Rental.
We are looking to bring on a dynamic Operations Manager. The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising the overall delivery of quality service by field operations personnel. Their primary task is to ensure that workers, equipment, and materials are used in a safe and efficient manner to maximize productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow and enforce all safety rules and regulations
- Organize workers’ activities, make necessary adjustments to ensure that work continues uninterrupted, train new workers, and ensure the existence of a safe work environment
- Responsible for the overall implementation and success of the Company safety program. Facilitate monthly safety and committee meetings
- Manage employee issues work schedules, timekeeping, employee records, time off request, customer issues and training
- Interview and hire qualified candidates for job vacancies
- Actively participate in the estimating process. Operations Manager should know and understand the effects of unit pricing on projects
- Ability to interpret maps and traffic control plans pertaining to layout and installation of material and equipment. Must have a clear understanding of all codes, specifications, and guidelines set forth by, but not limited to, regulatory, local and private agencies as they pertain to the related duties and work sites
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers
- Identify potential opportunities for growth
- Meet on a regular basis with Regional Manager, reporting any problems and discussing possible solutions
- Adhere to all Company policies and Procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in Temporary Traffic Control Services, Utility, or Construction Industry
- 3+ years management experience or 4-year degree in Business or Construction related field
- Strong leadership, communication, and coaching skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products, and customer relationship management systems
Strong Preference For:
- Preferred experience with a Temporary Traffic Control Company
- Scheduling and Dispatching
- ATTSA Certification
- OSHA 30
Why should you work for Altus!
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life AD&D, Disability, and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Weekly
- Advancement Opportunities
Apply today! Join a company that is rapidly growing and looking for employees to grow with us!
We conduct pre-employment testing and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable