OPPORTUNITY IS KNOCKING- DO YOU HAVE HEAVY CIVIL ESTIMATING EXPERIENCE? WE ARE LOOKING TO GROW OUR TEAM!
Thalle Construction Company (Thalle), established in 1947, is a family-owned, privately-held, and rapidly growing heavy civil commercial construction company. We are also a proud representative of the Tully Group (www.tullygroup.us) organization. Thalle is based in Hillsborough, NC and specializes in dams, reservoirs, locks, DOT roadway construction and bridges. Large diameter utilities, landfills, mass excavation and on-demand emergency services.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, competent, committed, career minded Estimator to be part of our growing team in Dallas Fort Worth Area . Our ideal candidate will be a team player who is highly motivated with a strong work ethic and desires to be part of a skilled estimating team. This position is based out of our Mansfield Texas office.
Thalle offers a full range of benefits, including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance and 401K with a company match, compensation based on experience and motivation to excel. Excellence is rewarded!
Thalle is an equal opportunity employer, e-verify and drug free workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Estimator’s prime responsibility is to support and assist the office in preparation of bids and estimates by performing quantity take-offs, data input, product research and subcontractor acquisition.
- Complete quantity take -offs
- Data Input
- Product research
- Subcontractor acquisition and scope verification/negotiation
- Conduct business with 100% integrity and professionalism
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in construction or engineering preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in responsible estimating charge.
- Experience in construction project management preferred but not required with responsible estimating experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- HCSS Heavy Bid experience Required.
- Agtek Experience preferred.
- Ability to complete take-off for the following work types (CIP & Precast Concrete, Structural, Earth Work, Utilities, and Mechanical Process)
- Familiar with reading heavy civil construction drawings & blueprints with detailed specifications
- Organization and planning skills
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to listen and speak clearly on phone
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Number: 919-384-5339
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable