Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking an experienced Shop Mechanic for our equipment yard located in Waxahachie, Texas. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
This position is responsible for diagnosing mechanical failures and making needed repairs to motorized equipment, such as cranes, forklifts, tractors, tractor components, backhoes, bulldozers, trucks, and other vehicles.
- Assembles, sets up, adjusts, maintains and repairs all types of construction equipment, cranes, and trucks
- May perform the duties of a welder in repair of equipment
- Inspects and diagnoses equipment to determine need for and cost of repairs
- Tests, repairs, or installs mechanical units, such as water pumps, fuel pumps, governors, distributors, carburetor systems, brakes, clutches, and other such devices
Removes hydraulic pumps and cylinders
Installs new or repaired unit back into equipment or vehicles
- Performs minor tune ups to ensure the efficient and safe operation of equipment and vehicles
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three (3)+ years related mechanic experience
- Experience using CAT ET & Cummins Insite trouble shooting software
- Mechanic experience on Grove, Manitowoc, Link Belt and Terex cranes is a plus
- Experience with Asphalt Heavy Equipment (Milling Machine, Power Broom, Box Blade, Shuttle Buggy, Pneumatic Roller, Asphalt Screed, Concrete Paving Equipment) is a plus
- For safety reasons, it is imperative that the employee be able to read and speak fluent English
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walk in locations accepting applications:
Austin Bridge & Road – Corporate Location:
6330 Commerce Dr, Suite 150
Irving, TX 75063
Austin Bridge & Road Equipment Yard:
2320 East Union Bower
Irving, TX 75061
Austin Waxahachie Equipment Yard:
1st Building on Lot
550 Austin Road
Waxahachie, TX 75167
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Contact Number: 214-492-5337
Salary Type: Per Hour
Salary Range: Negotiable