Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors (Stantec Construction Group), is seeking qualified applicants for the position of a Lead Estimator to be based out of our company headquarters located in Stayton, OR.
The Lead Estimator will prepare complete and accurate cost estimates primarily for hard bid projects (design-bid-build). Projects will consist of wastewater treatment facilities, potable water treatment facilities, hydropower facilities, fisheries, pipelines and various water infrastructure ranging from $1-100 million dollars.
Organization, attention to detail, ability to work within tight time constraints and under pressure; and ability to work within a proposal team are all important for proper performance of required duties.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Serve as the point of contact internally and coordinate the parameters of the estimating assignment.
• Review design documents such as specifications and drawings to identify risks and opportunities related to competitive pricing for key project elements.
• Develop costs estimates in a manner and level of detail consistent with the project goals.
• Review the final multi-discipline estimate and prepare report deliverables for the end user.
• Lead preparation of estimates and lead project estimating teams.
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, other technical degree, or equivalent experience
- 10 plus years of related experience of which 5 plus years estimating experience is preferred
- Field experience is required
- The ability to estimate all disciplines with an emphasis in Civil, concrete, and Process Mechanical.
- Experience working with other discipline estimators to develop a comprehensive project estimate
- Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant experience is preferred
- Strong computer skills required
- Must be proficient in using MS Word, and Excel
- Cost control and scheduling exposure is a plus
- Hydro/Fish facility experience is a plus
- Experience in pipelines and various water conveyance systems is a plus
- Planswift experience is a plus
- HCSS (Heavybid) Estimating software knowledge is a plus
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
Slayden Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable