Pennsylvania based heavy civil site contractor is seeking a full-time, Construction Estimator with prior experience in landfill construction. Applicant should be familiar with industry methods of landfill construction pertaining to new cells, cell closures, gas to energy systems and leachate collection systems. A two or four year degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or applicable field of study is preferred, though not necessary with proven experience instead. Veterans are encouraged to apply. Background check and drug testing is required upon offer of employment.
Position duties and responsibilities include:
- Organize electronic/paper files and able to properly manage your time to prepare multiple bids simultaneously, meeting deadlines without fail.
- Maintain a neat appearance and be able to represent company in a competent and professional manner with clients and agencies.
- Travel and attend pre-bid meetings and conduct project site field reviews (most project sites within a 3 hour radius of Harrisburg, PA).
- Able to prepare RFI’s and communicate professionally with clients, material vendors and subcontractors .
- Prepare estimates and complete bid packages fully and accurately.
- Familiar with production rates and crew/equipment setups to properly estimate bulk earthwork, slope grading, landfill utilities and other aspects of landfill construction.
- Able to read and understand civil and related construction drawings including, grading, utility profiles, erosion and sediment control requirements.
- Able to read and understand construction specifications, including measurement of payments, to ensure bid is all-inclusively prepared.
- Familiar with HCSS HeavyBid, HeavyJob, Bluebeam, Agtek, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office are preferred but not required. Training will be provided if necessary.
- Able to perform accurate take-offs manually or electronically with the above-referenced programs.
- Able to develop and maintain relationships with material vendors and subcontractors for timely bid preparations.
- Able to work as a team player and review bids with company owners prior to submission.
- Maintain records and information for future bidding efforts.
- Knowledge of surveying and GPS equipment is helpful, but not required.
Company benefits include:
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Employee and family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Health savings account
- 401K plan with company contribution
- Company supplied laptop and cell phone
Contact Number: 7177909843
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable