C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. is a growing road construction company. We are seeking to fill a Junior Estimator job opening for two of our locations, Wildwood Division and Plant City Division.
The Junior Estimator will be responsible for performing the essential functions described below under the direct supervision of the Area Manager. This is a full-time position and on-the-job training will be provided.
- Review tender documents, plans and specifications
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs
- Solicit and receive quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- Attend site visits and field measurements as required for preparing quotations
- Responsible for Contact Management (CRM) database entry and maintenance.
- Review all plans and specifications, permit set of drawings and owner requirements with Estimator
- Prepare bid proposal
- Prepare drawing list (put documents in appropriate files)
- Process and distribute all R.F.I.s for estimating and job addendums
- Respond to all subcontractor inquiries in relation to bids
- Prepare subcontractor comparison sheets for evaluation
- Prepare estimate turnovers to project managers
- Assist estimator in generating scope of work for all trades
- Prepare Owner / PM bid books
- Prepare post‐bid buyouts
- Prepare call list and follow up for coverage
- Maintain positive client/subcontractor relationships
- Input data entry in sub quote system of HCSS
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- 4 year degree in Civil Engineering or Building Construction, or pursuing degree.
- Must be proficient in Excel
Contact Number: 850-385-5060
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable