Phillips Exeter Academy, located in Exeter, NH, is a highly selective coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level as well. Our 671-acre campus is comprised of academic and residential buildings, a library, playing fields and sprawling green lawns; retaining our 18th century New England charm.
Visit our website, www.exeter.edu, to learn more about us and to view the complete job description.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, and excellent benefits such as health, dental, 9 – 12% retirement contribution, life insurance, disability, vacation, free access to our athletic facilities, and free meals. In addition, discounts in and around Exeter, Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant, Homes for Heroes, and McFarland Ford to name a few.
The HVAC Systems Lead Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of campus heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Primary duties include supervising and assigning the maintenance and operations of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 4:00pm, weekend and overtime hours are integral and flexibility is required.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree preferred, preferably in HVAC technology or a related field.
- Formal specialized training in DDC (Direct Digital Control) controls required.
- Minimum 10 years’ work experience as a technician in HVAC systems installation, operations and maintenance, including direct experience with a computer based controls.
- Knowledge of and experience with building automation controls similar to those currently in use within the Academy is preferred.
- Working knowledge of mechanical operations and hands-on HVAC maintenance, including, electrical, electronic and pneumatic control equipment, steam and hydronic heating systems and air conditioning systems required.
- Experience in assigning work and leading other technicians/mechanics preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable