Perform diagnosis, service, mechanical repairs and adjustments on trucks, trailers, excavating equipment and other power-driven diesel equipment and performs other related work on small tools (e.g. chop saw, chain saw), as required.
- Mechanics must inspect, diagnoses and locates mechanical problems on semi’s, trucks, construction equipment, trailers, small tools and other mechanical equipment.
- Performs all phases of heavy equipment repairs including but not limited to tune-ups; hydraulic trouble shooting and repairs; fabrication; tire repairs; welding; brake work; engine diagnostics; general servicing; oil changes, lighting, suspension systems, electrical/electronic systems, and diesel fuel systems.
- Repair and/or fabricate parts so that equipment is operational when needed by fabricating, modifying, and installing special equipment; making use of acetylene and arc welding equipment; restoring vehicle bodies to manufactured condition; making use of special tools and body paint colors.
- Follows all safety procedures and notifies shop supervisor of hazards in the workplace
- Performs all other related duties and special projects as required and assigned
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of safety practices related to mechanical repairs.
- Ability to maintain record keeping practices related to mechanical repairs.
- Ability to inspect and perform minor and major repairs on diesel equipment including a variety of Komatsu excavating equipment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, squat, lay on the ground, crouch, climb stairs and use hands for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift from the floor to overhead up to 50 lbs frequently and 75lbs infrequently.
- Exposure to unpleasant odors, grease, dirt, grime, wet floors, and noise for extended periods of time
- Diesel Mechanic/Technician program or experience
- Own equipment is a plus.
- Certifications are a plus.
- Class A CDL is a plus.
- 401-k with match
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Vacation/Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time plus OT
To apply: Email a resume; fax to (440) 543-3495; or apply in person at 11554 East Washington Street, Chagrin Falls, OH 44023.
Contact Number: 440.543.3493
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable