Looking for Heavy Civil Construction Project Managers. I have two companies looking in the Portland area.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Project Manager with Heavy Civil Construction Experience. The Project Manager will hold responsibility for the oversight and management of projects from beginning to end, working closely with both construction professionals and clients. This role is ideal for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset and exceptional self-management skills. Frequent, local travel to job sites is required along with occasional out-of-state travel. The position offers outstanding development opportunities and a chance to take on a high level of responsibility in addition to a competitive salary, paid time off, and annual incentives based on performance metrics.
- Work with client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision.
- Oversee the beginning of each turn-key project, including details like permit submission and design evaluations.
- Price all materials before starting jobs. Negotiate the best price with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors to bring project under budget.
- Create the schedule for each project, match talent to the job and understand subcontractor scope and contracts.
- Identify opportunities and risks; develop contingency plans to mitigate potential risks in case an item on the critical path is delayed.
- Prepare and submit project estimates to clients.
- Process all Field or Plan Changes for projects that you are directly responsible for overseeing. Ensure all change orders are processed daily in the field and office in writing and signed off by the customer prior to performing the work.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Conduct meetings on-site with architect, client and construction crew and ensure client receives frequent communication and updates on progress.
- Lead their team to maximize the contributions of each member.
- Work with on-site Superintendents to deliver the highest possible quality and customer satisfaction.
- Attend industry, social and non-profit events to build relationships and identify new opportunities. Proactively build and sustain relationships with targets clients.
- Participate in scheduled meetings as required, demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of the status of every project under your control.
- At least three to five years of Construction Project Management experience with Heavy Civil experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead multiple projects from beginning to end while maintaining high ethical standards and top-notch client service.
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures along with a strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment.
- Prior experience with customer relationship management, business development, or sales is required.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: $110,000-130,000