Digg Commercial is seeking a Heavy Civil Estimator with at least 5 years of heavy civil commercial construction experience. The Estimator will be responsible for all aspects of estimating, including quantity take-off, pricing and bidding of heavy civil construction projects. This is an exciting, challenging role for which only the best are considered.
Essential job functions include:
- Read and understand plans and specifications for major and complex projects.
- Manage the preparation of a thorough take-off of quantities for specific scopes of work.
- Develop and enhance owner, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Communicate and collaborate with Operations and Purchasing during pre-construction plans.
- Assist Purchasing in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during pre-construction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Ability to make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating across all scopes of work.
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, value and information that can be developed and used as a “rule of thumb” for all building systems estimated costs.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified products or materials.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered within timeframes allotted.
- Derive systems quantities for Building Information Models (BIM) and other estimate software in order to provide complete and clear estimate.
- Ability to assemble a complete presentation-worthy estimate package(s) that clearly communicates the project cost to upper management and owner.
- Prepare budget comparisons between current and previous estimates.
- Minimum 5 years of Heavy Civil Construction experience.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in estimating.
- Seeking someone with a variety of project types with emphasis on Civil projects
- Bachelor’s degree is preferable but not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- General knowledge of estimating programs.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids and the GMP processes.
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
- Assertive and innovative approaches and solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Ability to identify, adapt to, and resolve complex issues.
Must be able to multitask and meet established deadlines.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable