Murphy Pipe & Civil is a pipeline construction company providing the energy, water and mining sectors with some of the world’s most innovative pipeline solutions. We have a proven track record of delivering large-scale projects, both in Australia and internationally, and continue to lead the way in the pipeline construction industry through technology and innovative solutions.
Our fleet of ground-breaking equipment and world-class systems and procedures delivers clients a balance of safer, greener and more efficient project outcomes.
Through continuous improvement and training programs, we offer employees a long–term and dynamic career path across industries including energy, mining and civil.
Job Summary: Construction Foreman
Supervise teams in the construction of 20 + miles of large diameter water pipeline (HDPE) managed by the General Superintendent. You will be required to work a project roster, which could include working up to 21 days straight with 7 days off. Regular field trips with ability to work extended hours when required.
- Supervise employees during the construction of associated pipeline work,
- Actively Lead with Safety
- Set clear employee expectations of tasks and behaviors
- Assist with scope development
- Maintain tracking of job progress
- Maintain files needed for Pre Start-up (PSR) and Management of Change (MOC)
- Actively participate in project safety meetings and lead meetings as needed
- Responsible for project specific equipment and material inventory and rental equipment management
- Provide oversight on repairs including: leak repairs, upgrades, etc.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety and respect of all persons associated with the project
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have proof of valid OSHA 30 hour Construction Training or Safety Trained Supervisor Certification.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 10 years of Oil and Gas industry experience and 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum 3 years of Oil and Gas industry construction and construction management experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad understanding of pipeline construction, including, but not limited to:
- Excavation and Trenching
- Pipeline construction
- Isolation of Hazardous Energy
- Welding facility construction code and regulation competency
- Heavy and complex lift competency
- Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish will be highly regarded.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, plan work and establish priorities.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop or bend; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in some work environments can be moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable