Highway Materials, Inc.-Construction Division is currently taking applications for the 2020 construction season. Our hiring needs include Flaggers for Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, Bucks, York, Lancaster and Lehigh Counties. (note: applicants will not be assigned to one particular county; he/she will be required to travel to the various construction projects in the general geographic area).
- Under the direction of the foreman, flaggers will be responsible for performing traffic control duties and maintaining safe work zones, following safety rules and regulations, including monitoring signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices.
- Flaggers must provide communication with both the traveling public and their co-workers as they relay traffic signals to ensure everyone s safety.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver s license
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and remain attentive to traffic conditions and other factors affecting safety
- Ability to work in the elements (Heat, Cold, Wind, Rain, Snow, etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees
- On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews.
All candidates must:
- Have the ability to withstand physical demands associated with heavy highway construction
- Be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- The following motions will be required: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting – these will occupy most of work day
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. for repetitious lifting while using proper lifting techniques
- As part of the hiring process the company conducts background checks and employment related physical with drug/alcohol testing.
We offer competitive salary & benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K Plan.
If interested, please submit resume and salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Environment
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable