Leon E. Wintermyer, Inc. (LEW), a leader in providing site preparation services for 40+ years is seeking an experienced Estimator/Project Manager.
- Meet with potential clients, subcontractors and engineers to determine the scope of work.
- Document, organize, understand and interpret complex streams of information and paperwork including plans, specifications, geo-technical reports, environmental reports and other data common to the heavy / civil construction industry.
- Solicit, analyze and review subcontractor and vendor’s price quotes for conformity to the Bid Documents.
- Recognize crew and equipment requirements based on work variety.
- Work collaboratively with the field supervision team to garner their creativity with regard to building the project in a productive manner.
- Complete accurate site work take-off for environmental controls, land clearing, excavation, storm water management, underground utilities, concrete curbing, stone base, asphalt paving, and all other aspects of site work.
- Complete accurate estimates of required labor, equipment, materials, and subcontractors needed to complete project.
- Prepare proposals
- Communicate effectively with clients during the bidding stages, post bid stages and final negotiations.
- Attend client meetings as necessary for post-bid scope analysis.
- Review contracts and manage contract administration.
- Follows awarded contracts as assigned. May include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring material, etc.
- Plans, organizes and staffs key field positions through department heads.
- Establishes project objectives, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Initiates and maintains liaison with prime clients and Architect/Engineer contacts to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitors/controls construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigates potentially serious situation and implement corrective measure.
- Manages financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interests and simultaneously maintain good relationships with clients.
Experience, Skills and Attributes needed:
- Minimum of 3 years of heavy / civil / site work estimating experience
- Knowledgeable regarding all aspects of site work
- Sales and negotiating skills
- Experience reading blue prints and performing accurate supply and material take off
- Familiar with DOT requirements
- Strong personal character and integrity, and a heart for teamwork and excellence
- Energetic with a high sense of urgency
- Strong customer advocacy
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Proficient with Microsoft office software.
- Highly proficient in the use of HCSS – Heavy Bid estimating software
- Proficient in use of AGTEK Earthwork take-off software
- Able to develop and maintain client relationships
- Work independently 45-55 hours per week
Contact Number: 7179381468
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable