We are looking for a hardworking Construction Estimator/Project Manager to join our team! As an Estimator/Project Manager, your main responsibility will be to develop detailed cost estimates of assigned projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
Construction Estimator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed cost estimates from initial project concept through construction
- Review bid packages and drawings
- Prepare and review material take-offs through bid preparation
- Identify potential risks, opportunities, and alternative solutions
- Explore documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements
- Select, measure and track important metrics
- Visit sites, existing facilities and other venues necessary to prepare the estimate
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts
- Conduct complex risk analysis activities
- Create and present reports to upper management
- Analyze and evaluate offers and proposals
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors
- Perform project management duties and generate change order cost estimates in a timely manner to ensure that the project remains on schedule and under budget.
- Other duties as assigned
Construction Estimator Requirements:
- Previous working experience as construction estimator for (2) years
- In-depth knowledge of project management
- Hands on experience with complex data research activities
- Good understanding of data analysis methods
- Familiarity with HCSS HeavyBid
- Good time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- BA in engineering, construction management or similar relevant field (or related experience)
- Must be willing to work in the Champaign-Urbana, IL area.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, paid holidays, and vacation, 401k retirement plan with match, and more. Mid Illinois Concrete & Excavation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Number: 217-366-3444
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable