EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Four-year degree or equivalent technical training and experience. A minimum of two to five years estimating experience preferred. Advanced knowledge of assigned disciplines and HCSS Heavy Bid are essential. Must be able to apply innovative and effective organization techniques and have superior communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work in Bloomington, IL.
Prepare cost estimates for multiple disciplines including traffic control, erosion control, demolition, earthwork, utility construction, and concrete paving. Work independently to estimate projects in a fast paced deadline driven environment with minimal supervision. Provide project management support to field personnel for awarded projects and be able to accurately schedule and track all costs. Cultivate and maintain good working relationship with clients to enhance the company’s ability to procure projects and maximize future profitability with emphasis on long term growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze project bid documents to determine scope and content of estimates.
- Make onsite visits and consult with field personnel to ensure that all existing conditions and proposed construction methods are considered.
- Prepare material takeoffs, solicit subcontractors/suppliers, and generate historical data to prepare detailed activity based estimates using HCSS Heavy Bid software.
- Complete bid forms for public projects and attend bid openings.
- Prepare written proposals for private projects detailing cost, scope of work, clarifications, and exclusions pertaining to the projects.
- Follow up with clients post bid to ensure that all sales, negotiation, and value engineering opportunities are capitalized on.
- Prepare subcontracts and purchase orders post award.
- Budget and schedule each project prior to coordinating construction with field personnel.
- Maintain a working relationship with the client and field personnel by making routine visits to your jobsites to ensure that things are going as planned.
- Perform project management duties and generate change order cost estimates in a timely manner to ensure that the project remains on schedule and under budget.
- Track each project to ensure that any necessary adjustments to future estimates are made.
Stark Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable