Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 900 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 66 years, we’ve grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Elite Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
Summary: Responsible for estimating projects for the Nabholz Excavation Service Group. This includes all conceptual, negotiated and competitive bid estimates. Interfacing with project managers, all support teams, and client relations to achieve precise and accurate estimates. Focus will be primarily DOT and Municipal
- Prepares DOT/Municipal estimates per bid procedure
- Prepares subcontractors request for proposal’s
- Reviews all plans, specifications and Owner/Engineer requirements for the bidding process
- Prepares bid proposal, including the cost breakdown, clarifications, scope and exclusions
- Processes and distribute all R.F.I.s for estimating and job addendums
- Prepares takeoffs using Agtek and On-Screen
- Responds to all subcontractor inquiries in relation to bids
- Assists with pricing of drawings and revisions
- Provides value engineering services
- Prepares subcontractor comparison for evaluation
- Prepares estimate turnovers to project managers
- Generates scope of work for all trades
- Prepare post‐bid buyouts in conjunction with the PM
- Prepare call list and follow up for coverage
- Maintain positive client/subcontractor relationships
- Other duties as assigned
Computer skills as follows:
- Intermediate to advanced level in Agtek Earthwork 4D with Highway Module
- Intermediate to advanced level in HeavyBid Estimating (HCSS)
- Advanced level electronic takeoff ability
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Microsoft Project
- Intermediate level understanding of digital images (how to open, view, customize and print them)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a construction related discipline is desired
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civil / heavy construction performing responsibilities equivalent to those listed above.
- Working knowledge and comprehension of plans and specifications, as well as construction management.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Availability to work extended hours as required by project schedules or urgent circumstances.
- Ability to travel throughout all areas of construction sites during all phases of a project.
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Handles oneself with professionalism during stressful situations.
- Maintains positive attitude and morale.
- Interacts effectively with all members of the company and all outside associates.
- Completes responsibilities diligently.
- Thinks big picture and take into account long‐term implications of ones’ actions.
- Works independently, exercises discretion, applies common sense and makes competent decisions.
- Complies with designated work schedule.
- Uses company resources wisely.
- Maintains neat, clean and organized work space.
- Constantly analyzes for ways to improve individual and/or company performance.
- A good communicator (open, direct and honest).
- Team player and ability to foster team relationships.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Key solution provider.
- Ability to deliver a safe and committed team culture and meet project targets and priorities.
- Ability to continuously sit, stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds often and up to 25 pounds occasionally
Work environment: Office, cubicle or work station
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable