We are seeking an Estimator to work out of our Lantana, FL office. You will estimate costs of materials, labor, sub trades and equipment for underground utility construction projects.
- DOT or municipal experience.
- Requires construction experience as both a prime and a sub.
- HCSS/HeavyBid or other estimating software experience.
- Must be able to read plans and understand and interpret contracts/legal documents.
- Requires valid Driver’s License.
- Experience with estimating for water, sewer and storm drainage.
- Develop detailed cost estimates from initial project concept through construction.
- Identify potential risks, opportunities, and alternative solutions.
- Review bid packages and drawings.
- Prepare and review material take-offs through bid preparation.
- Pre-bid meetings and site visits.
- Accumulate, evaluate and document historical cost data for the development of future estimates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Johnson-Davis is proud to be an industry leader for 40 years working on underground utility projects including storm drainage, water main, sanitary sewer, force main sheeting, and dewatering. Our team’s expertise and creativity allow us to build projects from the most simple to the most complex.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, disability, paid holidays, and vacation, 401k retirement plan with match, and more. Email HR@JohnsonDavis.com, fax 561-465-8639, or call 561-270-0028.
Job training opportunities available after hire. EOE DFWP.
Disclaimer: This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the sole discretion of Johnson-Davis Inc.
Salary Type: Per Week
Salary Range: Negotiable