Based in Boston, MA, the Estimator – Field Engineer will work primarily to review proposal design specifications and engineering drawings to determine scope of projects, as well as assist in preparing cost estimates and proposals. They will also perform work on job sites providing technical engineering information to company and plan specifications to insure construction work compliance with all engineering standards.
Estimating/Business Development Activities and Responsibilities:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work.
- Prepare complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Assist in developing bid packages for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Preparation of cost estimates.
- Assist in the development of proposals, presentations and brochure materials.
Engineering/Field Activities and Responsibilities:
- Interpret designs/drawings to insure construction work compliance with all engineering standards.
- Insure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences and errors.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc. to supervisor.
- Verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Attend meetings with other contractors, client, or architectural/engineering representatives to coordinate design and construction effort.
- May provide necessary control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials or equipment.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Education and Competencies:
- 4 year Engineering degree, preferably in civil engineering or construction management.
- 1-2 years’ experience in construction engineering and working on job sites.
- Previous experience working with AutoCAD.
- Previous experience working with Oracle Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project.
- Prefer knowledge of surveying techniques and equipment, assigned discipline design and overall engineering standards is necessary.
- Prefer experience with HCSS estimating software.
- Must be highly motivated and eager to learn new construction industry concepts.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business intelligence tools.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal/written communication.
- Must be a team player and able to get along with individuals from other groups in the organization.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any company.
TREVIICOS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable