Estimator – (Corporate Position)
Kraemer North America (Kraemer) is currently searching for an experienced Estimator to work out of our office inCastle Rock, CO to work with our Corporate Estimating Group. Our current search is centered on finding candidates that are self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, and are looking for that next step in their career development. We are proud to provide a stable and challenging work environment with the opportunity for personal growth in a family centered company. Kraemer realizes the core strength of our Company is the individuals we employ and we are proud to employ some of the most talented individuals in the construction industry.
In addition to over 100 years of construction experience, Kraemer joined the Obayashi Corporation global family of companies in November 2014. This strategic partnership has allowed Kraemer to utilize Obayashi’s considerable experience, technology and financial strength to participate in a greater number of projects of all sizes across the United States.
The Estimator (Corporate) position will analyze plans, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services; and applies knowledge of specialized techniques, principles, or processes. Focus on producing reliable estimates based on historical costs and best information available. Participates in vendor solicitation process, analyzes and selects quality suppliers and subcontractors to ensure the successful completion of projects. Responsible for timely and accurate bid submitals.
Travel will be required on an as-needed basis to support local estimators and teams across multiple geographic locations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews proposal specifications, drawings and attends pre-bid meeting, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Performs quantity takeoffs
- Vendor solicitation and DBE compliance
- Prepares estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work; prices work items accordingly
- Identify and analyze risk in bids
- Analyzes subcontract quotes and prepares bid documents, order bonds
- Performs various administrative duties, including job set-ups after award
- Analysis of project requirements.
- Comparison of projects to similar projects previously completed by Kraemer to determine estimated costs.
- Communicates project requirements to and coordinates involvement of subcontractors, suppliers, project managers, regional managers, etc.
- Interprets project plans and specifications.
- Capable of preparing and overseeing pre-bid schedule.
- Prepares turnover document.
- Monitors projects comparing budgets vs. actual
- Ensures compliance with EEO/AA contract requirements
- Ensures compliance with Kraemer Safety and Quality Programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 4 year Engineering or Construction Management Degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- Previous experience working with HCSS Estimating software preferred
- Minimum of 3 – 7 years experience working in an estimating role within the heavy civil industry with specific emphasis on bridge, railroad, or marine structures.
- Knowledge of accounting with the ability to understand cost, price, and quantity variances and their impact on profit.
- Knowledge of construction terms, methods and procedures specifically in bridge construction.
- Ability to work at a fast pace in determining and/or acquiring job bids quickly and accurately
- Ability to quickly identify problems in estimates.
- Effective communication and/or interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration essential.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable