POSITION SUMMARY: The individual in this position will collaborate with other team members to develop detailed estimates, proposals, and schedules on heavy industrial construction projects.
- Must be able to read and understand project specifications and drawings.
- Will be responsible for detailed and accurate quantity takeoffs for labor, material, and equipment.
- Will be responsible for soliciting and qualifying subcontractor proposals and vendor pricing.
- Will develop and implement bid strategies, perform basic risk analysis, and bid alternatives.
- Must be able to correlate task based on crew productions and formulate logical links between activities to generate a project schedule.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally, as well as complete and store information in an organized manner electronically.
- Will be expected to store and maintain information within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program.
- Must understand construction means and methods and associate that with the cost and schedule of the project.
- Must respond positively and quickly to constantly changing workflows.
- Can estimate a small to large project from start to finish with little to no oversight.
- Take initiative to implement better work practices as they pertain to estimating.
- Actively mentor direct reports.
- 3 years+ estimating in industrial construction industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management/Engineering or equivalent
- Additional, relevant estimating experience will be considered
- Must have strong computer skills and be well versed in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Additional preference given if experienced in Microsoft Project, HCSS Heavy Bid, P6 Primavera, Cosential, WinEst Mater and/or ISQFT On-Screen Takeoff.
- Experience with heavy industrial concrete and/or earthwork is desired.
- Must be able to manage multiple estimates and meet specific bid deadlines.
- Must possess sound organizational and time management skills
- Some travel will be required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The ability focus and perform detailed estimating and paperwork task for long durations of time. Sitting and standing in an office environment.
Contact Number: 502-479-6518
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable