Atlas Excavating is looking to hire an experienced estimator to be apart of our Estimating team working out of the home office in West Lafayette, Indiana.
A Bit about Atlas
Founded in 1981, Atlas Excavating, Inc. is a family owned and operated site grading and utility contractor in West Lafayette, Indiana. Since day one Atlas Excavating, Inc. employees have been a dedicated, hardworking team committed to hard work and getting the job done safely and productively. If you are an honest person who understands the value of reputation, pride in your work and personal integrity we want you to join our team as a Project Estimator.
What sets Atlas Apart
Atlas specializes in deep, wet sewer projects. We own all our equipment and we self-perform our dewatering, feeling that if we can control more aspects of the job, we can control our own destiny. We believe in a teamwork concept and we are not afraid to do the tough jobs.
What we are proud to offer:
• Health-Vision-Dental, Life/ADD
• 401K Matching up to 5%
• Vacation Days
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Knowledge of the Public Bidding Process
• Review and take off of drawings and specifications
• Produce accurate and complete estimates and proposals in a timely manner to meet deadlines
• Provide clear and detailed quantity takeoffs with all aspects of grading, drainage, and underground utilities
• Review vendor and subcontractor proposals to verify pricing and scope meet the requirements of projects
• Ability to prepare and discuss estimates and proposals with management and customers
• Transfer project information to the project management team on successful estimates.
• Four-year degree or equivalent of technical training or related experience
• 5 years of previous experience with project estimating
• HCSS Heavy Bid experience strongly desired
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft excel and Blue Beam, advanced math and computer skills
• Prior work experience in site grading and underground utility work
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment with variable working hours.
Salary type: Per Year, negotiable based on experience
Submit resume to:
Janice Long – 765-429-4800
Contact Number: 7657148593
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable