PAY IS DOE$$
For this position, our preferred ESTIMATOR candidate shall demonstrate full responsibility for all assigned estimates under the direction of the Chief Estimator. The primary responsibility for this position, is to ensure all RFP’s and RFQ’s are managed in a consistent, timely and effective manner.
To be successful, the individual shall competently demonstrate sound judgement, understanding and discretion related to interpreting customer required specifications in a defined scope that is consistent with the company’s product and service offerings and field capabilities while alleviating potential risk to the company.
In addition, the individual is expected to adhere to established policies, procedures and work instructions administered by the Chief Estimator while consistently demonstrating professional and courteous behavior to all internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently demonstrate commitment and support for the Sterling Vision and Mission, policies and procedures.
- Pursue continuous improvement activities to ensure efficiency within area of responsibility.
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with the Chief Estimator.
- Build sound relationships with customers by providing accurate information and regular communication.
- Gather and interpret essential data necessary for the development of a comprehensive scope including walk-down jobsites to ensure understanding of project prerequisites.
- Prepare a cost estimate based on take-off, submit a mat price request and identify schedule of quantities.
- Prepare, as required, a project access plan to enhance communication with the customer and ECS field crews.
- Identify all potential bidders for each opportunity and notify responsible Major Account Manager(s).
- Generate thorough and professional looking customer bid proposals that maximize our ability to serve the customer utilizing approved software/spreadsheets.
- Submit comprehensive bid package to the customer including quote, access plan, master rental agreement and credit application with regularly follow up on the project status to ensure winning the order.
- Effectively manage assigned projects as necessary to ensure compliance with policy and procedure, while adhering to the customer’s requested time frame.
- Maintain effective communication with all Sterling employees who are stakeholders in the project.
- Maintain NAV CRM data pertaining to contacts, opportunities, customers and campaigns.
- Ensure compliance to all Delegation of Authority (DoA) requirements and conduct bid review meetings.
- Prepare bids that ensure profitable and competitive growth.
- Monitor customer requirements of new state registrations and contractor licensing and respond accordingly to ensure compliance.
- Assume other responsibilities and complete tasks as assigned to meet the on going needs of the organization.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- 5+ years estimating experience in a construction or related field.
- 5-10 years experience in the civil/heave highway industries.
- OSHA 30 Certification preferred, but will train
- CPR / First Aid Certification preferred, but will train
- Must possess valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
Contact Number: 7083882223
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable