Reports to:Estimating Manager
Summary of Position:Research potential projects and prepare and/or direct preparation of all prequalification responses, proposals, estimates, and bids.
About ASI Construction LLC:
ASI Construction LLC is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. ASI is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado. ASI strives to build projects safely, on time, on budget, and to satisfy our clients. ASI personnel have successfully completed numerous award-winning heavy civil construction projects in the water resource field, including more than one-hundred forty-five dam and dam rehabilitation projects and over thirty-five new RCC dams. Our Company’s vision and values include integrity, honesty, safety, teamwork and a passion for what we do. We hire people who thrive on tough work and challenging opportunities.
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
- Estimating Responsibilities:
- Attend pre-bid meetings;
- Determine scope of work and required contents of estimate or proposal;
- Establish subcontract scopes of work;
- Establish material scopes of supply;
- Establish/Execute the company’s bid strategy;
- Pre-bid planning/organization;
- Review proposal specifications and drawings;
- Perform quantity takeoffs;
- Manage staff engineers and/or estimating technicians to assist with quotes, take offs, etc.;
- Detailed estimate preparation;
- Manage material quotes;
- Manage subcontract quotes/proposals;
- Prepare project schedule;
- Manage/anticipate last minute adds/cuts from vendors/subcontractors.
- Review final estimates:
- Manage final estimate preparation and report to company principals on items such as scope, labor, equipment, CPM schedule, bid summary, etc.;
- Manage final bid preparation to client;
- Provide estimating assistance on pricing extra work items and change orders on existing projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Ability Requirements for ASI Personnel:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Will regularly be required to stand, walk and sit.
- Will regularly be required to lift, raise or lower objects from one level to another. Must be able to move or carry objects or materials, will regularly be required to manually transport objects from one place to another.
- Will regularly be required to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of office machines and equipment such as telephones, computers, calculator’s copiers, printers, etc. and have sufficient manual dexterity to operate office equipment. Frequently use the keyboard to input information into computer. Frequent use of telephone.
- Must have eye/hand/foot coordination, finger dexterity and be able to handle/grip/squeeze and perform repetitive activity.
- Must be capable of transferring-vertical/horizontal, lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds, and be able to push/pull, stoop/bend, and kneel.
- Must be capable of walking up and down stairs inside and outside.
- Must be capable of walking on uneven outdoor terrain.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction management is preferred. Minimum of 5 – 7 years of heavy-civil construction estimating experience, with 10 years total construction experience. Equivalent combination of experience, training, and education will be evaluated. Experience with concrete production, aggregate production, or water resource construction is preferred.
Applicant should have a strong knowledge of marketing and business strategies, along with the ability or prepare conventional hard bids, indicative bids, preliminary cost proposals and prequalification proposals for heavy civil construction projects.
Applicant should be strong with HCSS/Heavy Bid and Microsoft Office Programs (particularly Microsoft Excel), and Primavera Scheduling Software. AutoCad/AGTEK experience is highly desired. Applicant should be well organized. Leadership and good communication/people skills are required.
At ASI Construction LLC, we are only as good as our people. We offer outstanding benefits and rewards to recruit and retain the best professionals in our industry. When you join the ASI team, your comprehensive benefit package will include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for employees and their spouse/dependents;
- 401(K) plan with Company Matching Contributions;
- Gifted Time Off to include Vacation and Sick time (GTO);
- Paid holidays per company policy.
We offer additional competitive benefits that are position and assignment dependent.
Dependent on Experience.
Contact Number: (719) 647-282
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable