CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR Roles and Responsibilities
– Analyze drawings and specifications.
– Understand contractual terms and conditions.
– Assemble accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
– Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
– Organize sub-contractors quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
– Complete Budgeting and Scheduling for projects and track same. Monitor progress, requisition change orders and identify any potential risks.
– Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
– Insure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project.
– Work with and deal with concerns of field personnel.
– Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing.
– Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress.
– Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
Qualifications and Experience
– Previous experience estimating projects into the $ 5 million range. Bridge and Roads a must
-HCSS and bluebeam experience.
– Experience with estimating software and spreadsheet design. – Ability to use CAD programs.
– Exceptional communication skills.
– Graduate from recognized engineering, architectural or construction management program is an asset.
– Minimum 3 years experience working in the construction field in similar or related position.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: $90,000-$110,000