We are looking for an Estimator to join our Raleigh, NC district office. The successful candidate is a builder capable of taking ownership and leading in the preparation of a complete estimate or proposal. The aspiring applicant will also be adept at identifying risk and opportunities and developing a win strategy.
- Preparation of thorough, accurate and timely estimates.
- Assist in the development of written proposals for value type pursuits.
- Lead in the presentation and review of estimates at the District level.
- Gather site and market information pertinent to bid preparation.
- Manage material take-off and quantity surveying.
- Work with the Administration group to ensure bid bond, insurance and document review requirements are met.
- Develop safe, high quality approaches to construction with our Engineering Department.
- Source best value subcontractors and suppliers while working with our Purchasing Department.
- Manage the request for quotations process and any special interest requirements. Accumulate, evaluate, and document historical cost data.
- Organize and prepare bid close documents.
- Review special requirements with the Chief Estimator.
- Maintain addendum control.
- Complete general expense entries and preliminary construction schedule.
- Ensure that all bid forms are completed and properly prepared. Complete the as-bid estimate.
- Lead estimate turnover on successful projects.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable