Ballard Marine Construction is the leading underwater and marine contractor based out of Washougal, WA with regional offices in Alaska, California, Illinois and Wisconsin. It is our intent is continued growth of this world class company.
Our experience enables us to adapt quickly to unique problems and resolve potentially costly situations. In addition, we have the proven ability to customize systems and management teams for individual projects.
Employees are an integral asset to ensuring our success and as such our staff is required to meet the highest expectations. We take pride in our renowned safety standards and require Ballard employees to utilize safe work practices at all times. We count on our employees to perform in fast paced environments while still satisfying customer needs and maintaining effective working relationships. The ability to proactively identify issues and offer innovative solutions is also highly praised. Additionally, we expect our workers be able to effectively function under pressure in order to achieve required deadlines. Our staff should be capable of working independently, however Ballard is fundamentally concerned with team work and the invaluable part it plays in this industry. We have a commitment to our employees and, in turn, expect our employees to contribute to the success of Ballard.
Ballard requires a team member who will collaborate with bid and proposal preparation, negotiate contracts with clients and work closely with design teams. The candidate will also work closely with owners, engineers and general contractors to provide value engineering solutions across heavy civil, marine and underwater disciplines. This position will be expected to provide guidance and training to other estimating personnel in the Company’s estimating systems and procedures.
To be considered, the client is seeking a professional who has a minimum of 10 years’ experience within the civil/marine construction sector, who has expertise in Private, Government, Industrial sectors, with the ability to manage all types of contracts from hard bid, negotiated, conceptual design bid and cost-plus delivery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Formulate project estimates/proposals to ensure a quality, accurate and timely submission. This includes working closely with current team of estimators and PM’s to provide turnkey cost estimates, including the mentoring of new estimators.
- Perform material take-offs, organize pre-bid data, researches past costs and develops construction sequence.
- Coordinates and cultivates strong business relationships with industry suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Coordinates and cultivates strong business relationships with internal and external joint venture partners.
- Performs site visits and investigations as needed.
- Produces pre-bid construction schedules.
- Conducts constructability studies.
- Presents estimate quantities, rationale, and scheme to management during bid reviews.
- Organizes and conducts handoff of project to operations if project awarded.
- Attend and be an active participant in weekly job progress meetings with Operations, Accounting and Field Crews.
- Engineering, Construction Management, or Construction Engineering Management degree or at least 10 years of heavy civil/marine construction experience with at least five (3) years of estimating experience.
- HeavyBid experience required.
- Experience in estimating projects with values between $1 – $50 million.
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and estimating success is a must.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written, telephone, email and presentations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be flexible to travel occasionally.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, presentations and proposals.
- Working knowledge of standard marine construction practices.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, P6, HeavyBid, CAD, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while satisfying customer needs and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve required deadlines.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and offer solutions.
NOTE: The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. This job description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Ballard reserves the right to use employees in other job disciplines or functions other than the discipline hired as deemed necessary by the Company.
Job Type: Salaried Exempt, Net salary: To be negotiated, BOE
Contact Number: 3606955163
Salary Type: Per Week
Salary Range: Negotiable