Envirocon is seeking a Senior Estimator preferably in our Denver, Colorado or Missoula, Montana offices who will be responsible for working within a capture team to assemble estimates while following and adhering to all aspects of the company’s estimating processes, procedures, and related work products. Estimates and projects range in size from $1M to $75M. Typical bid opportunities include remediation, restoration, industrial demolition, geotechnical, and radiological. Estimators are responsible for the development of compliant and competitive estimates. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Denver, CO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures related to cost estimates
- Managing, administrating, and training personnel on the estimating software (HCSS).
- Maintaining resource libraries
- Coordinating and scheduling all required bid opportunity meetings and reviews
- Participating in bid and no-bid recommendations to Senior Management
- Participating in the development of risk matrix and corresponding mitigation measures for all bid opportunities
- Reviewing project plans and specifications and coordinating with the Capture Team to confirm that the complete scope is understood
- Solicitation of all subcontractor and/or supplier information and pricing
- Manage quantity takeoffs for development of cost definition
- Manage and develop project schedules for bids and proposals
- Managing the development of all cash flow analysis for bid opportunities
- Coordinating insurance requirements with Risk Manager
- Coordinating technical proposal requirements with Proposals and Marketing Departments
- Reviewing constructability issues with Capture Teams
- Development of alternate approaches including value engineering
- Participating in client interviews and contract negotiations
- Transferring estimate and proposal information to field teams if project is awarded
- Traveling on an as needed basis to assigned proposals and associated projects
- Establishing and maintaining a safe culture throughout bid cycle and in transfer to the project level
- Tracking estimates against actual project performance
- Tracking and reporting estimating statistics to management on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assisting in the preparation and review of work plans as requested
- Participating in periodic reviews and visits to projects as appropriate
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Performing other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with HCSS Heavybid computer estimating software and understanding of scheduling software (Oracle Primavera)
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Expertise in remediation services (expertise in industrial demolition desired but not required).
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by Envirocon’s SOPs
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex construction engineering problems
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Thorough understanding of construction, contracts and terminology
- Understand basic behavior based safety programs and enforce Company’s safety policies
- Must meet medical requirements of the job site (Hazardous waste)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a technical field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years previous construction experience with at least 2 years as an Estimator or Estimate Lead.
- Estimating experience on bid opportunities valued at $10M and greater.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Envirocon, one of nine Washington Operating Companies and founded by industrialist and entrepreneur Dennis R. Washington, is an industry leader providing a breadth of services throughout North America including heavy remediation, industrial demolition, dredging and sediments management, geotechnical construction and nuclear and government services and has maintained a single private ownership for the past 29 years. Envirocon and the Washington Companies maintain a strong financial position allowing growth, value and stability to our clients, and a superior bonding capacity of over $100 million. Our health and safety matrix is one of the best in the industry.
Our engaged, talented and experienced team members are the company’s very best assets. Envirocon is dedicated to helping individuals build their careers in the environmental construction industry and promotes employee growth and development to all individuals.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable