Plote Construction, Inc is searching for an Equipment Superintendent to join our team!
The Equipment Superintendent is responsible for effectively leading and coordinating all day-to-day equipment maintenance activities in both shop and field environments. Manage the shop business to ensure that company equipment is maintained, repaired and utilized as cost effectively as possible, continually stressing teamwork at all levels. This is a key leadership position leading up to 10 team members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, plan and schedule all maintenance tasks along with the design/fabrication of projects for field operations; make decisions with aid from other company leaders, utilizing all available information.
- Manage and direct Parts staff and Manager to ensure cost effective purchasing and inventory control of parts.
- Assess skills and abilities of staff through meaningful evaluations and daily input to fully and efficiently maximize their contributions to the team.
- Ensure all company policies, safety regulations and good housekeeping guidelines are observed.
- Proactively communicate with the Leaders and Equipment Operators concerning equipment and job-related projects.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the shop.
- Initiates and executes proper plans for care and preventative maintenance of company equipment.
- Measure and report on the overall effectiveness of the department, its equipment goals, objectives, and programs on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in hiring and training new staff as well as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Provide leadership, guidance and encouragement in the shop environment to assist in the continual professional growth of each team member.
- Ensure company meets all governmental guidelines for inspection station records and tools, hazardous waste, air compressor certification, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Ensures the maintenance shop is properly maintained, functional and clean.
- Participate in the Estimating and bid process for determining equipment needs and costs of prospective projects.
- *Working knowledge of HCSS Equipment 360 Preferred*
- 10 years of Fleet management experience
- Knowledge of DOT regulations required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, outlook.
- Must possess practical knowledge of the function, operation, financial modeling and decision making and the maintenance and upkeep of construction equipment.
- Working knowledge of Heavy equipment.
- Mechanical concepts and procedures.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable