At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. It’s how the best ideas come to light—and why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to join our growing team to oversee the design, supply, and installation of rail rolling mill and ancillary equipment at our Pueblo, Colorado facility. This is a technical leadership position that coordinates engineering disciplines in charge of design and requisitioning an entire new facility. This position critically reviews interfaces between disciplines and/or project stakeholders and deals with both technical and economical/scheduling aspects of project changes.
- Manage the Owners Team engineering group and ensure discipline members are controlling their respective discipline
- Develop an engineering deliverable list with EPCM contractor and project schedule
- Assists the Area Project Managers in monitoring and managing the EPCM engineer to comply with the schedule
- Ensures process and equipment specifications align with project goals
- Facilitates technical project discussions and reviews with other management functions within the project organization and across functions in the EVRAZ organization
- Defines engineering coordination procedures including formal design review procedures and process planning methods
- Manages all equipment interfaces to ensure they are properly defined and designed throughout the process. These include foundations, anchoring, power, controls, interconnecting piping, process water, gases, fluid power among others
- Ensures timely approval of engineering and requisitioning documents as well as timely technical and economical definition of change orders and/or claims
- Contributes to schedule preparation, actively controls schedule execution and proposes corrective actions when needed
- Ensures coordination of interfaces among engineering disciplines and with procurement, construction, vendors
- Manages the development of the technical teams he supervises ensuring appropriate skill assessment and development plans are in place
- Ensure that project documentation is stored securely and effectively in accordance with project requirements
- Engineering degree
- Previous experience managing Owners multi-discipline engineering team
- Minimum 15 years experience in the large project engineering industry, Preference for experience in projects with equipment budgets in excess of $100M
- Experience working with one of the major contract engineering firms in a role as Engineering Manager
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to build high-performing teams
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable