Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic transportation infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong, heavy civil construction leadership skills to use while building roads and bridges?
Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking an Engineering Manager for their corporate office in Irving, Texas. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
This position provides leadership to the Engineering Department responsible for quality, schedule, safety, design adequacy all adhering to most relevant standards/specs/code.
- Design and analysis associated with heavy highway, rail, and marine structures construction for operations support
- Leads design for the department and mentors other engineers
- Cost, schedule, survey, and planning are secondary functions
- Proper design supervision of all engineering personnel; mentor well and help personnel advance
- Develop safe, structurally adequate (per code or spec) designs that are efficient and most appropriate for the operation
- Perform appropriate research, due diligence and collaboration with project team when developing design
- Inspect and provide oversight for design to ensure good quality in field
- Show adaptability and good engineering fundamentals in being able to design for a multitude of areas and solve problems as needed
- Communicate well with project team, maintaining good relationships and fostering a collaborative environment
- Utilize correct software in an efficient manner for most appropriate design analysis and development
- Drawings are clear and professional looking with attractive aesthetics
- Mentor, train, lead by example, and supervise young engineers and their designs appropriately
- Seek training for the department, strive for continuous department improvement
- Additional duties as assigned
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent preferred, but may be substituted by experience
- Valid Texas Professional Engineer’s license required
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry with projects in the fields of heavy highway, bridges, heavy civil, dirt work, etc.
- TxDot experience a huge plus
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, become the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Contact Number: 214-492-5337
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable